FPFK through its networks and partnerships facilitate an enabling environment for the community to exist peacefully and be empowered to attain inclusive development. Presently, the Swedish Pentecostal Mission (SPM) and Norwegian Pentecostal Mission (NPM) are involved in supporting HIV/AIDS awareness and youth project, Maasai and HIV/AIDS project, Kainuk community development project, Tuinuane women project, Anti-Female Genital Mutilation Project (FGM), gender, humanitarian emergency relief projects and Organisation Development. Individual churches in Norway and Sweden have also contributed in supporting humanitarian emergency projects, evangelistic ministries, children and mission work.
FPFK plans to deepen these interventions.
- The strategies that is employed include institutional capacity building and empowerment of women, and supporting initiatives that facilitate gender equality.
- FPFK focus on human rights, democracy and governance; this involve supporting peace building and transitional justice processes at community, regional and national levels.
- The third intervention is focus on Environment, Water and Sanitation that entail environmental awareness campaigns aimed at changing people’s attitude and behaviour towards environmental conservation. Additionally, waste management and hygiene, access to safe drinking water, and afforestation be addressed.
- FPFK’s Organizational Development (OD) has previously addressed issues of identity and mission of the Church in Africa through the support of Swedish Mission Council (SMC). FPFK continue to facilitate capacity development of church leaders through trainings so as to improve their effectiveness and efficiency in their ministry.
- Lastly, on Health FPFK in collaboration with various institutions, disseminate, support standards and strategies on the fight against HIV and AIDS, retrogressive cultural practices like female genital mutilation (FGM) and wife inheritance among others
Social Ministry Coordinator
The Project leader is responsible for the day to day management of project activities, follow up on financial routines, reporting and networking