The recruitment process of staff is guided well by the Human resource policy which in place.
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT SMO
Free Pentecostal Fellowship in Kenya (FPFK)
Social Ministry Coordinator
Expected start date:
01 July 2019
Type of contract:
2 Years Renewable
Application closing date:
20 June 2019
The Free Pentecostal Fellowship in Kenya (FPFK) is an evangelical church registered in Kenya. It operates in 31 regions spread all over Kenya and has 257 local churches and 1,130 branches, with a combined membership of over 250,000.
Purpose of the Position:
FPFK Social Ministry Department is seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for various development projects operating countrywide with the head office located on Kindaruma Road in Nairobi. The purpose of this position is to ensure prudent management of financial resources for the development work.
The position holder may be based at Kitale Office or at FPFK Head office on Kindaruma Rd Nairobi. Under the direct supervision of the Project accountant, the Accounts Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Cash management
- Prepare accurate and timely Petty cash payment vouchers for each payment and facilitate their signing by the designated signatories.
- Receive and process all invoices, expenses forms and payment request as per donor requirements.
- Banking, withdrawal and receipting all cash.
- Pay out cash and cheques to the right payees against properly signed vouchers and in accordance to approved budget and organization’s financial manual.
- Ensure that all payment have been duly approved by the authorized personnel before execution.
- Prepare petty cash requests for reimbursements.
- Deal with daily cash transaction for the petty cash, activity cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on weekly basis.
- Maintain a petty cash book, imprest book, cash and bank book.
2. Imprest management
- Requisition: Double check to ensure that the requisition is in compliance to the monthly and annual work plan and approved budgets. Ensure the imprest requisition forms are duly filled, accurate and reflect the true and fair value of the itemized cost centers.
- Authorization: Ensure that the requisition forms have been authorized by the requisite personnel before payment or issuance of imprest.
- Surrender: Thorough scrutiny of imprest surrender documents such as receipts, participants list, payment cash vouchers, invoices etc. Ensure accuracy of values, description of items, quantity and the validity of payments. Ensure the imprest is surrendered within reasonable time or before the next imprest is issued. Secure supporting documents or authority to back all expenditure vouchers
- Statutory compliance duties:
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of statutory deductions i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB, WIBA, WHT etc.
- Follow-up on the staff statutory statements Ensure payment of staff contributions to SACCO, Insurance premiums or any other loans and deductions are made promptly.
- Assist in preparation of periodical reports as required by the management
- Preparation for external audits.
4. Administrative assignments
- Repair, maintenance and servicing of assets
- Ensure prudent use of all assets
- Maintenance of asset inventory book
- Ensure all assets are properly tagged
- accounting and book keeping skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good IT skills including Accounting software, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A flexible approach and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Driving skills
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and effectively managing competing demands in short timescales.
- Experience of working as part of a team delivering complex tasks.
- Experience working with accounting tasks using IT
- Minimum of Diploma in Finance
- empowerment with experience of three years in a similar role
- Accounting qualification in CPA II with experience working in Church organizations
How to Apply
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, submit your application and CV detailing your experience, daytime telephone and email contacts and three referees, one of whom MUST be your current Pastor to: The General Secretary, Free Pentecostal Fellowship in Kenya, P.O. Box 47469 00100 GPO, NAIROBI, Kindaruma Road, Kilimani or by email at: email@example.com by Thursday 20th June 2019.